1814 Opeechee Drive, Coconut Grove, Fl.
The Opechee house has what we call “Coconut Grove Modern” styling, which melds contemporary architectural lines and space planning with its open format and iconic use of glass but also infuses a palette of natural materials throughout to soften the look and feel to avoid becoming yet another “modern white box.”
The Opechee house is situated in North Coconut Grove, famous for its tree canopied streets and eclectic residents, within minutes of downtown Miami and the I-95 to the North, the Atlantic Ocean to the East, and the Central Coconut Grove business, retail and dining district to the South.
Opechee Drive quiet and serene, it runs a mere two blocks long and is tucked neatly within the small maze of winding streets that make up this part of “The Grove.” The flow through traffic which effects some portions of the “South Grove,” caused by commuters looking for short cuts to avoid US1 congestion is not an issue here, and thus makes this area highly convenient and accessible, but low trafficked. Its likely that you’ve never been on this street unless you’re looking for it.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 – ½ Baths
- 4,400sf AC,
- 5,974sf under roof
- Formal living room with 20’ atrium ceiling and gas fireplace
- Open plan eat-in kitchen with 11’ island custom designed kitchen by Joel Couret of Goldenwood.
- Formal dining room with 10’ ceilings.
- Top of line appliance package to be stainless steel and glass and include the latest offerings by Sub Zero, Wolf, and Miele, featuring gas and “duel fuel” for cooking.
- 2nd Floor Loft style Great Room, overlooking the Atrium.
- Master Suite running the length of the 2nd floor connecting an 600sf covered terrace facing Opechee Dr, and the back terrace of 350sf overlooking the pool and backyard. His & Hers closets, spa-like master bath complete with steam shower, sun room which opens to the front terrace, sitting area with morning bar which opens to the back terrace.
- Swimming pool 15’x30’ (Heated), back deck made from natural Florida Keystone pavers
- Energy efficient (Green) features throughout including; Energy Star rated “White” roof, Hi SEER air conditioning system, Energy Star rated appliance package, L.E.D. light fixtures throughout, “on demand” redundant gas water heating, dual fuel kitchen, outdoor gas summer kitchen, tree canopied site to reduce heat load and cooling demand.
- Interior Design by Gary Rubenstein featuring a high end finish package including the use of natural stone, high grade rectified porcelain tiles, wood flooring, imported tropical hardwood trim package, hi grade natural granite and or the latest in man-made composite counter tops throughout.
- Plumbing hardware by Rubi & Hansgrohe, fixtures by Duravit
- Safety and security features include high velocity zone / large missile rated hurricane impact glass throughout, redundant power plan which includes 500 gallon LP gas tank designed to power indoor cooking, out-door summer kitchen cooking and redundant “on-demand” water heating features full time. Additionally the gas also powers an emergency generator connection for use during and or after a potential hurricane threatens to shut off electric service and this will power lighting, refrigeration and ventilation through a manually activated emergency transfer switch connection, concrete and masonry construction throughout, the latest in monitored home security systems & internet accessible security camera’s
- Structured wiring infrastructure throughout, ready to accept the home automation or A/V systems of the buyers choosing.ure throughout, ready to accept the home automation or A/V systems of the buyers choosing.